Without sound, Pianos are still a work of art. On the outside, they are a portrait of pearly keys and pedals. Among the strings and hammers, Mozart and Duke Ellington live on. This week, I want you to let this magnificent instrument move you!
Since Eccentric Chai is a blog which promotes doers within any trade, I like to leave my weekly challenges open to interpretation, and open to all forms of media. Whether you are a writer, painter, or a candlestick maker (hardy har) then this challenge is for YOU.
This week, I want you to do something involving a piano. Go to the music store and bang on one for awhile, listen to a classic Debussy piece (Here is one of my favorites!) or research the history of the piano. Let the black and white keys inspire you. Then I want you to take that inspiration and DO something with it!
Need some ideas? Here are a few:
- Listen to this song with the family
- Or go watch this equally awesome Jamie Cullum music video
- Write a song on your piano
- Write a poem about tuning a piano
- Give a piano a photoshoot (check out some awesome piano-related pictures)
- Read about how Beethoven wrote music on his piano
- Write a short story about a prodigy pianist
- Paint a piano-inspired portrait
- Go for a walk with piano music on your headphones
As always, the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Once you are done, and are proud of your experiences and/or creation, post a link in the comments below to show everyone how pianos have inspired you this week.
Now get out there and do.