The future is going to happen in seconds, minutes–and now some of it has already become the past. But what do you think is going to happen in five years? Twenty? One-hundred? This week, I want you to let the future move you!
Since Eccentric Chai is a blog which promotes doers within any trade, I like to leave my weekly challenges open to interpretation, and open to all forms of media. Whether you are a writer, painter, or a candlestick maker (hardy har) then this challenge is for YOU.
This week, I want you to think about the future. Think about your future, your spouse’s future, your kids’ future, or maybe even the world’s future. Think about the future of any vocation. Do whatever you like. Let the future inspire you, and then take that inspiration and do.
Need some ideas? Here are a few:
- Go read a book set in the future (a few good ones are: Holy Fire, Anthem, The Forever War, or anything by Asimov)
- Write a short story set in a dystopian (or even a utopian) future
- Take your kids to a science center (many have an exhibit regarding what lies ahead)
- Paint or sketch a picture that depicts a futuristic automaton
- Take pictures of “futuristic” items, or take several pictures and put them together to create a futuristic scene
- Write a love song about two people in the future
- Listen to this song–and tell me it’s not a robot duet (I dare you)
- Or watch this music video–and realize we are LIVING in the future
- Read about futuristic gardening and see if you can make a vertical garden in your backyard.
- Go watch Avatar (the extended version with the deleted scenes)
The possibilities are infinite squared!
Once you are done, and are proud of your experiences and/or creation, post a link in the comments below to show everyone how the future has inspired you this week.
Now get out there and do.