Ohmergerd, autumn has finally arrived in my neck of the woods, and now it is time for cooler weather and apple cider and colorful leaves and pumpkins and candles and Halloween and GAH! This week, I want you to let autumn inspire you!
Since Eccentric Chai is a blog which promotes doers within any trade, I like to leave my weekly challenges open to interpretation, and open to all forms of media. Whether you are a writer, painter, or a candlestick maker (hardy har) then this challenge is for YOU.
This week, I want you to do something that involves autumn. If you don’t live in a seasonal area, don’t worry, there are plenty of things you can do that will inspire you (buy cinnamon candles, check out fall photography, anything you like)! If you do live in a seasonal area, and it is autumn where you are, go outside and check it out! Let the cool breeze inspire you. Take that inspiration and do.
- Make pumpkin bread with the family
- Learn about the seasonal changes that occur during fall–and why–and write an essay (or blog)
- Write a story that takes place during autumn
- Write a haiku about autumn
- Write a song on the piano about autumn
- Listen to this score–or this one–to get you in the Halloween mood
- Paint a portrait of what autumn would look like if she were a woman (or a man, it’s your jazz)
- Two words: autumn photography!
- Take a walk outside in the early autumn air
- Make leaf rubbings with your kiddos
There are so many things you can do right now! Go carve a pumpkin! The possibilities are as extreme as the red on those Maples!
Once you are done, and are proud of your experiences and/or creation, post a link in the comments below to show everyone how autumn has inspired you this week.
Now get out there and DO.